This year 2019/2020 is the 45th year of CMDF. By the grace of our loving Lord, and the unwavering supports of all our senior and respected brothers and sisters, the younger generation has carried on the torch to move our Fellowship forward. I firmly believe CMDF is our family for ALL Christian doctors and dentists across ALL generations, where we can share, support and serve each other. With our united witness, we can serve our community with our Christian faith.
CMDF five pillars of visions (5″M”):
1) To Worship and Glorify God by our united witness. (Magnifying God)
2) To Serve our community with our professional expertise. (Ministry)
3) To Evangelize via local and overseas medical missionary works. (Mission)
4) To provide a platform for Fellowship. (Membership)
5) To Disciple our doctors and students with Bible.(Maturation)
CMDF Monthly Gatherings
We organise monthly fellowship on the second Wednesday of every month at FES office. Due to the COVID-19 breaks out in the early time, we have to change the mode to ZOOM meeting in April. Invited speakers included the followings:
- Students who have joined clinical training in mission hospitals.
- Dr. David Leung
- Dr. Kwan, Tze Hoi
- Dr. Shih, Yau Ngai
- Dr. Enoch Lam and Dr. May Tang
- Dr. Mak, Ki Yan Daniel
- Rev. Ng, Paul C.C.（吳振智牧師）
- Dr. Ko, Ming Him Lawrence
CMDF Worship Team “杏林敬拜隊”
We have recently formed our CMDF worship team “杏林敬拜隊”, which is led by Dr. Chen, Yi-Tin. The team includes a group committed Christian doctors, dentists, and students who have the vision to serve our Lord with music.
Media ministry: Medicine & Life（醫學人生）Project and Book
We continue to collaborate with Tien Dao Worldwide Christian Media Association Limited in contributing a column in Ming Pao every Thursday in educating public on common medical problems with Christian love.
- We have published the fifth book of our “Medicine & Life” series – “Medicine, Life, Goodness”. This is a completion of 2017 articles at Ming
- We have contributed articles in the publication of Hong Kong Association of Hospital Chaplaincy.（從心出發專欄）
International/ National Conferences and Collaboration
We have participated in international and national conferences (Zoom) for the development of evangelical work in medical field. These includes:
- China Medical Conference in Zhengzhou, Henan (Date: 25 – 27/6/2020)
- ICMDA EA Conference in Taiwan (Date: 7 – 9/8/2020)
Houseman Career Conference
We have co-organised our annual Houseman Career Conference (Zoom), with Christian Doctors Network, on 31st October. 2020, with over 400+ participants. CV preparation and practical tips on job interview were discussed followed by group sharing with different subspecialties doctors. This is a meaningful ministry to serve our housemen during the important period of their career.
Medical Benefit Scheme for Christian Pastoral Staff
Through the Medical Benefit Scheme, CMDF continued to serve the pastors, missionaries and seminary students by proving specialist medical and dental service and professional opinion. This ministry can give prompt assessment and treatment of Christian workers in order to equip them with a good physical and mental health to serve. Currently, we have 32 members joined our scheme to serve around 400 candidates.
CMDF Mentorship Programme and CMDF Elective Programme
Two programmes CMDF Mentorship Programme and CMDF Elective Programme have been launched January 2018, to serve our medical students. Now there are a total of 51 mentors and 88 mentees joined our programme.